Gitano Super de Luxe O
The top of the line Selmer Maccaferri style guitar with oval soundhole, Gitano Super de Luxe O’s sound and sheer beauty is nothing less than spectacular.
A symbiosis of select master grade tone woods, exquisite materials, flawless lutherie and expert fine tuning, this model sets itself apart, displaying unsurpassed individuality, design and tone. Biréli Lagrène has also played this model since 2006.
- Original Selmer Maccaferri shape with oval shaped soundhole
- Master grade, hand selected 60 year workshop seasoned and aged Canadian red cedar top
- Also available with master grade, hand selected 60-year workshop seasoned and aged European spruce top
- 60-year workshop seasoned and aged Brazilian rosewood back and sides
- Three-piece neck of exclusive, figure flamed mahogany with figured German maple core
- Master grade ebony fingerboard with elaborate abalone inlays
- Mother-of-pearl and abalone soundhole ornamentation
- Rosewood fingerboard and body bindings
- Standard scale length: 670 mm
- Rounded D-shaped neck
- Ebony bridge with two compensating bone inlays
- Bone nut
- Schaller gold-plated tuners with ebony buttons
- Gold-plated tailpiece adorned with ebony inlays
- Thinly applied nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Thin coat of shellac applied to the inside of the guitar protects the wood from fluctuations in humidity for a consistent tonal character and steadfastly brilliant sound
- Optional Class A French polish. Maximize the acoustic performance of your guitar with a hand-buffed top!